Around 20 percent of people suffer from some type of dental-anxiety. Yes, your dentist can be very helpful if you speak up. But you might be wondering if there is more that you can do to suppress your anxiety for the sake of your oral health. Well, the following chocolate and lavender treat will help you do just that.
Why Is This Treat Anti-Anxiety?
Your nose is the tool that will help you calm down when you go to see your dentist. This is because of the lavender content in your chocolate treat. Research has noted that lavender oil helps decrease your heart rate, blood pressure, and the overall tension from your body. This is because lavender contains linalool, which is responsible for the lavender fragrance.
The odor stimulates the olfactory senses in your nose, which activate the hippocampus part of your brain. The hippocampus-among other things-is responsible for mood control.
The Dark and Pleasurable Sensation
Chocolate--one of the most wondrous of natural treats--can help keep your dental anxiety in check. Chocolate, dark chocolate and raw chocolate, contain high levels of an active ingredient called anandamide. Anandamide has a pleasure-inducing effect in your brain that squashes any negative emotion. What is more is that chocolate also contains N-acylethanolamines, which helps elongate these pleasurable feelings.
You should be able to control your dental-related anxieties with the help of your dentist and these ingredients.
The Chocolate and Lavender Recipe
You will need the following:
- 1 cup of melted unfiltered and organic coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of dried lavender flowers
- ¾ a cup of raw cacao powder
- ¼ a cup of almond butter
- 1 cup of crushed almonds
- 1 cup of raisins
- Blend the coconut oil, raw honey, and lavender flowers in your food processor or blender. Blend at high speeds for 30 to 60 seconds. Make sure the mixture does not get too hot.
- Add the cacao powder and almond butter and continue to blend, but this time at low speeds. Wait until the blend is smooth. Pour the mixture in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the crushed almonds and raisins into your blend.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper, and pour the mixture over the tray. Spread it evenly and form your mix into a smooth square or rectangle.
- Freeze the mixture until solid, and you are done. Take 1 small square with you to your dentist appointment, and focus on the taste and smell of your treat.
As you can see, quieting your dental-anxiety could be done with a delicious treat and the help of your dentist. To learn more, contact a business like Southgate Dental Clinic.Share